Best. Mascara. Ever

Monday, February 2, 2015

Messy

So the latest trend in scrapbooking is "mixed media" art - don't get me wrong - it has been around for a long time, it is just now trendy with products marketed just for mixed media art and art journals.  And while most of us have been mixing plenty of mediums already (stickers, ribbons, paint, spray mists etc) I'm defining this as more textures, more layers, more of everything!  Products like gesso, texture paste, gel medium and so forth are used on canvases and scrapbook layouts.  It's messy.  And creative.  And fun.

The key lessons are:  It is ok (and in fact preferred) to make a mess.  And, Don't give up, just keep going!  

I really enjoyed to process of making this image.  I did end up using it for another sympathy card.  The lighting is not great, but here is the card I made with my "mixed media" art.


There are a lot of layers and textures to this card.  I did not have a plan when I started the project - I just kept adding papers, paint, spray mists, stamps, texture paste through a stencil and layered on stickers and distress markers. It was fun to create and I was happy with the end result.

Hope you can get messy today!

Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio