Best. Mascara. Ever

Monday, August 11, 2014

Talk, Talk, Talk...

I don't know what it is about girlfriends, but they are the BEST!  I love getting together and just talking. I think that is why I finally wanted to start a blog.  I need more people to talk to about scrapbooking, paper crafting, paints, inks, stencils, die cuts, wood veneer... ok, you get the idea!

I've been hesitant to participate in forums or share my pages on scrapbooking websites because I didn't know how to upload my pictures, I didn't have a blog, I am not a designer, I am just a mom who loves playing with all of the stuff!  And I have stuff.  Lots of it.  I can't seem to "purge" and clean out anything either because I still like it.  Even the goodies from 10 years ago.  I'm not kidding, I still have paper and ribbon from the early days.  My kids say I am a scrapbook doomsday hoarder.  And sometimes as scrapbooking companies closed and magazines stopped publishing I felt fairly justified in maintaining my stash!

At Noell Hyman's site Paperclipping.com (where I became a member) I have learned lots of new tricks and techniques for using my stash.  I have learned some design principals that help me create better pages.  One of the videos I loved was about making kits from old product, mixing it together in a new way and getting re-energized to use those kits.  I'll take pictures and share my "new kits" tomorrow.

Of course, I also subscribe to a monthly kit club at The Scrap Room ( http://www.scrap-room.com) where I get the newest goodies all put together.  I have been using up those kits because it is so easy to pull together a layout with all of the products they have put together.

I'm having fun with this hobby and am looking forward to sharing the love!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio