Best. Mascara. Ever

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Details, Details

It's the little details that make all of the difference.  I watched another May Flaum video (www.craftwithmay.com) on using Tim Holtz Distress Inks.  I can't really take credit for this card because it is kind of "scrap-lifted" straight from her.  It came out so stinkin' cute, I'm not going to lie. 

But it was a lot of steps.  It came together quickly and it was fun.  But it was a lot of little details! And the biggest for me was changing that darn bobbin.  I don't know why it takes me like 5 tries before I get it.  The black thread just kind of makes it though, don't you think?  

I used one color (yup, just one) on the background (Tim Holtz, Wild Honey).  First blending in the color then stamping with it.  Who knew it would look so different (well I guess Tim Holtz and May Flaum would know) but it was a simple way to get depth on the background.  The doily absorbed some distress ink (wiped up after a previous project and saved for now), and the tag was made for teacher gifts (last year) and this was an extra one.  I stamped with the mini blueprints leaf image (yes, a Tim Holtz stamp) and cut the leaf out and adhered with pop dots.  I've always struggled to put a tag on a card and have it look integrated and not just "plopped" on there (to use the technical term).  I'm feeling pretty good about this one.  I could have overlapped things a little more to make it a bit more cohesive, but overall I am pleased with it.

And my hubby gets high marks for his very enthusiastic response when I showed him the card.  I'll say thanks to May!


Here is hoping you can add just the right details to your day!

Leslie

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio